I On All Souls’ Day (Nov. 2) a plenary indulgence, applicable only
to the Poor Souls, is granted to those who visit any parish church or public oratory and there recite one Our Father and one
II On all the days from November
I though November 8 inclusive, a plenary indulgence, applicable only to the Poor Souls, is granted to those who visit a cemetery
and pray even if only mentally for the departed.
1. Only one plenary indulgence can be granted per day.
2. It is necessary to be in the state of grace, at least by completion of the work.
3. Freedom from attachment to sin, even venial
sin, is necessary; otherwise the indulgence is only partial. (By this is meant attachment to a particular sin, not sin in
4. Holy Communion must be received each time the
indulgence is sought.
5. Prayers must he recited for the intentions of
the Holy Father on each day the indulgence is sought. (No particular prayers are prescribed. One Our Father and one Hail Mary
suffice, or other suitable prayers.
6. A sacramental concession must he made within a week of
completion of the prescribed work. (One confession made during the week, made with the intention of gaining all the indulgences,